Friday, May 10, 2013

Taganga and Playa Blanca, Cartagena, Take 2

Taganga
On my way back to Cartagena from Riohacha, you get to rediscover all those places you've visited on the way there but haven't quite appreciated :) Taganga is one of those places. Apparently it's one of the best and cheapest places around the world to get certified in diving, given all those times that Artem suggested I try it, I finally decided to give it a go...


Given the 5-6 different diving schools and agencies in Taganga you have a variety of gear and quality to choose from. I wanted to do a discover dive just to get a feel for it and see if I would enjoy it. So here I am, after a bit of instruction and a first tryout dive we are on a boat prepared to properly do a flip backward to get in the water, just like you see in the movies :D
 Here I go...
 My hair is doing wonders under the water - Dragon-ball-Z style :P
 Doing OK on the sea floor and waiting for everyone to sumberge.
Ihtiandr :)
 The same day I went to the local beach for some relaxation time. This is a shot of Taganga city beach from a nearby hill peak.
 Sunsets in Taganga are really breathtaking, given the multitude of fishing boats and the mountainous backdrop.
 I hope you can forgive me of the multitude sunset pictures, they help me remember...
 No comment :)
 I love the part of the evening when the sun has already set but the horizon and the atmosphere is still lit by its setting rays and glows in the warmest colors.

Playa Blanca
 When I got back to Cartagena I realized I didn't really want to stay longer in this town, it's nice and all but I think it's a bit overhyped. So i decided to check out the next best thing ... a gorgeous white sand beach near the city called Playa Blanca, Baru. I took a fishing boat from the fishing port, this way you don't have to pay the 15,000COP fee for using the tourist dock :) it was quite an experience, just don't get there in a "need to go now" mood because you'll probably be stuck at the dock until the boat fills up with people and provisions. Once you get to the beach it's beautiful, the clearest water I've seen in whole of South America you could examine the floor even without snorkeling gear and the carribean is soo warm  you don't ever want to get out of it.
 The sunset at Playa Blanca, I stayed overnight. You can say they all look alike but every single one of them is associated with different experiences for me making them worlds apart...

 "I was there photo" :)
Next morning I woke up to a cloudy sunrise and warm waters. Decided to try something I always wanted to do - a ride on a jetski.
So here I am riding in the distance...
 15min later (that's all i really needed to get a feel for it :)
 looking badass :) it's cool to ride a jetski but I think i wouldn't want to do it again, especially for rental prices.
 Enjoying a fine lunch on the beach. I'm missing a bottle of Corona with lime for a billboard advertisement photo.
Immersing in the crystal blue waters
 The boat ride back to Cartagena was pretty awesome as well. I sat in the bow of the motorboat jumping up and down over the incoming waves as we planed over the waters. It's actually not as fun as it might seem from the description, you really have to hold yourself down and the motion is rather violent, you don't get comfy damping seats either.
 Bocagrande, the Cartagena's rich neighborhood, in the foreground.
There was some sort of military boat showcase event in Cartagena those days so I got some pretty awesome shots of this warship with it's crew on deck.
Bocagrande.

No comments:

Post a Comment